Userflow provides out-of-the-box analytics for how your users interact with your flows, checklists and launchers.
In this guide, we’ll break down the Analytics page, which you find next to the Builder.
If you’re looking for more in-depth analytics, and the ability to correlate flow usage with other user interactions, take a look at some of our Integrations with analytics providers such as Mixpanel and Amplitude.
- Flow Analytics
- Checklist Analytics
- Launcher Analytics
- Resource Center Analytics
- Survey Analytics
Views and completion rate over time
The Analytics tab under a flow shows how many users have seen your flow over time.
- Unique views tells you how many unique users have seen the flow in total. There’s also a total number of views, which may be higher if some users have seen the flow multiple times.
- Completion rate tells you the ratio of users that saw the flow who also completed it.
- The blue bars indicate views from users that did not complete the flow.
- The green bars indicate completions of the flow.
- The last/right-most bar may be striped, indicating that this period is not over yet, so its numbers are expectedly lower.
- Hover over the bars to see exact views and completion rate for a specific time period.
- Use the D, W and M buttons in the top right to switch between bucketing by Day, Week or Month.
- The # button will make the chart show in absolute numbers, while the % button shows it on a relative scale. The latter is useful to see if the completion rate goes up or down over time regardless of whether the flow is seen more often.
The Step funnel shows you where users drop off in the flow.
- Unique views shows how many users saw each step.
- View rate shows the share of users that saw the step relative to the total number of users that saw the flow.
- The width of the green bar corresponds to the View rate.
- If your flow is linear, the shape of the bars will resemble a funnel (wider at the top, narrower at the bottom).
- If there’s a steep drop after a certain step, it’s a hint that users have a hard time continuing from it or simply lose interest. Consider previewing the flow and look for issues, shorten the flow and/or make the content more concise and engaging.
- Note that if the flow has branching or steps that can be skipped, the chart may not look like an actual funnel, since a step’s bar may be shorter than a later step.
A session is a user’s journey through a flow and corresponds to a view. A user may have multiple sessions of a flow, which will result in multiple views (though only 1 unique view).
This list shows users that most recently saw the flow.
- You can click a user’s name to go to their profile, or click an individual row to view more information about the session.
- Each row contains the session’s current progress: How far they’ve gotten, whether they’ve completed/dismissed the flow, and which step they’re currently on.
Views and completion rate over time
The Analytics tab under a checklist shows how many users have seen your checklist over time.
The information is the same as what we saw under Flow analytics.
The Task breakdown shows how many users completed each task.
- Unique views shows how many users saw each task. If the task has an Only show task if condition, this number may be lower than the total number of users that saw the checklist.
- Completion rate tells you how many users completed this task relative to how many users saw it.
- The width of the green bar corresponds to the Completion rate.
Recent checklist sessions
Under Recent sessions you can see users who’ve most recently seen the checklist, much like for Flow analytics.
Views and activation rate over time
The Analytics tab under a launcher shows how many users have seen your launcher over time.
- Views shows how many users. A view is only counted once per user, meaning even if a user sees the launcher many times, they always only count once.
- Activation rate shows how large a share of users that saw the launcher also activated it, e.g. by clicking or hovering over it.
Under Recent sessions you can see users who’ve most recently seen or interacted with the launcher, much like for Flow analytics.
Resource Center Analytics
Interactions over time
The Analytics tab under a Resource Center shows how many users have interacted with your Resource Center over time.
The Click breakdown shows how many users clicked on a given item in the Resource Center..
- Unique clicks shows how many unique users clicked on each item.
- Total clicks tells you how many total clicks each item has, as one user can click on the same item multiple times
Recent Resource Center Sessions
Under Recent sessions you can see users who’ve most recently interacted with the resource center, much like for Flow analytics
You can read about Survey analytics in the Surveys guide.