Amplitude is a powerful product analytics platform.
The Userflow-Amplitude integration enables you to analyze how users interact with your flows/checklists, and correlate it to other behavioral analytics that you collect in Amplitude.
Userflow-generated events, such as Flow Started and Checklist Task Completed, can be continuously streamed into your Amplitude project of choice.
Amplitude projects and Userflow environments
It’s recommended to use a separate Amplitude project for each of your environments (Production, Staging etc.). The same is true in Userflow. This is to ensure that e.g. Staging data doesn’t pollute Production data.
A Userflow-Amplitude integration is between a single Userflow environment and a single Amplitude project. If you have both a Staging and a Production environment, you therefore have to run the below setup guide for both Production and for Staging.
We strongly recommend that you start with your Staging environment/project, and verify that it works as you expect, before connecting your Production environment/project.
- Sign into Amplitude and navigate to Settings.
- Then navigate to Projects.
- Select the project you want to stream Userflow events to:
- Copy the Api Key:
- Sign into Userflow and navigate to the environment you want to stream Userflow events from:
- Go to Settings -> Integrations. Then click Add integration:
- Find and click Amplitude in the list:
- Click Add Amplitude (activate/upgrade your plan if you don’t yet have access):
- Paste the API Key that you copied from Amplitude in step 4 into the Amplitude API Key field and click Save:
- Click the Stream events from Userflow to Amplitude switch and confirm in the dialog that appears:
- Event streaming will start immediately:
- Go to Amplitude and navigate to User Look-Up from the main menu:
- Make sure that the right project is selected in the top. Then verify that Userflow events start showing up. It may take a minute for Amplitude to show them:
Stopping the integration
- Find your Amplitude integration in Userflow under Settings -> Integrations.
- If the Stream events from Userflow to Amplitude switch is gray, then it’s already stopped. If it’s green, then it’s currently running.
- Click the Stream events from Userflow to Amplitude switch and confirm in the dialog that appears.
- Event streaming will stop immediately.