Deleting user data
You can easily delete the data you’ve collected about a user with Userflow. Some common use cases are:
- Testing: When testing your flows, it can be helpful to delete the user in Userflow several times. This could be to reset the user’s progress so that you can test flows’ auto-start conditions. It’s also a helpful way to remove test data from your metrics.
- GDPR and pricacy compliance: A user has requested to be forgotten by your service.
Deleting a user completely
This will delete everything Userflow knows about a user.
- Find the user on the Users page, e.g. by searching for their name, email or user ID.
- Click the row containing the user’s information.
- Click User options the top right.
- Click Delete user.
Note that if the user signs into your app (and
userflow.identify() is called with their user ID) again, they will get recreated in Userflow - but with no history of every having completed any flows.
Deleting a single flow session
This will delete the history of just a single flow session. Doing this will make the flow eligible to auto-start for the user again (if the flow has an auto-start condition).
- Go to the user’s profile page like in the previous section.
- Click one of the user’s flow sessions.
- Click Session options in the top right.
- Click Delete session.
Got questions? We're here for you!
The best way to get help is to
We usually reply within 5 minutes
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We usually reply within a few hours