Mixpanel is a powerful product analytics platform.
The Userflow-Mixpanel integration enables you to analyze how users interact with your flows/checklists, and correlate it to other behavioral analytics that you collect in Mixpanel.
Userflow-generated events, such as Flow Started and Checklist Task Completed, can be continuously streamed into your Mixpanel project of choice.
Mixpanel projects and Userflow environments
It’s recommended to use a separate Mixpanel project for each of your environments (Production, Staging etc.). The same is true in Userflow. This is to ensure that e.g. Staging data doesn’t pollute Production data.
A Userflow-Mixpanel integration is between a single Userflow environment and a single Mixpanel project. If you have both a Staging and a Production environment, you therefore have to run the below setup guide for both Production and for Staging.
We strongly recommend that you start with your Staging environment/project, and verify that it works as you expect, before connecting your Production environment/project.
- Sign into Mixpanel and navigate to the project you want to stream Userflow events to:
- Go to Projects settings:
- Copy the Token (see under Access Keys):
- Sign into Userflow and navigate to the environment you want to stream Userflow events from:
- Go to Settings -> Integrations. Then click Add integration:
- Find and click Mixpanel in the list:
- Click Add Mixpanel (activate/upgrade your plan if you don’t yet have access):
- Paste the Token that you copied from Mixpanel in step 3 into the Mixpanel Token field and click Save:
- Click the Stream events from Userflow to Mixpanel switch and confirm in the dialog that appears:
- Event streaming will start immediately:
- Go to Mixpanel and navigate to Data management -> Live view:
- Verify that Userflow events start showing up. It may take a minute for Mixpanel to show them:
Stopping the integration
- Find your Mixpanel integration in Userflow under Settings -> Integrations.
- If the Stream events from Userflow to Mixpanel switch is gray, then it’s already stopped. If it’s green, then it’s currently running.
- Click the Stream events from Userflow to Mixpanel switch and confirm in the dialog that appears.
- Event streaming will stop immediately.