Announcements in Userflow let you update users about new features, fixes, events, and more, all within the resource center. We track which users have seen each announcement and display a notification badge on the resource center launcher. You can also highlight important announcements with a popout coming out of the resource center for added visibility.
Table of contents
- How to use Announcements
- Publishing an announcement
- Add Announcements to the resource center
- User experience
- Alternative to Announcements
How to use Announcements
To implement announcements:
- Publish your announcements.
- Include the Announcements block in your resource center.
Publishing an announcement
- In the Userflow app, go to Announcements.
- Click Create announcement.
- Fill in the Title and Content.
- For lengthy content, enable Read-more button to split the content in 2 and display a “Read more” button.
Choose Notification level:
- Silent: For past announcements; doesn’t appear as unread or affect the unread counter.
- Badge: Displays a notification badge, i.e. an unread counter, on the resource center launcher, suitable for regular updates.
- Popout: Highlights the announcement with a speech bubble coming out of the resource center, ideal for critical updates.
- Set Announcement time for immediate or scheduled posting. If you enter a time in the future, the announcement won’t show for users until then.
- Use Only show announcement if to target specific users.
- Click Publish once ready.
Add Announcements to the resource center
- Navigate to Resource centers in the Userflow app.
- Select your resource center or create a new one.
- Add an Announcements block via Add block.
- Position the block as desired using drag’n’drop.
- Publish the updated resource center.
Users will see a notification badge with the count of unread announcements displayed on the resource center launcher.
Inside the resource center, the Announcements block also displays this notification badge.
Clicking it reveals a list of announcements, with unread ones prioritized. Userflow marks announcements as seen when users scroll through them.
If an announcement is set to Popout, it appears as a speech bubble from the launcher.
Alternative to Announcements
Instead of using the Announcements feature, you can also make announcements either with a 1-step flow or a launcher. See examples of each below.
Create a 1-step flow with the announcement and add the follow auto-start rules
Signed up/First seen before
<announcement date>to avoid the announcement shows up for users who sign up after this date.
- Add x min after any flow to avoid the announcement starts right after another flow.
You can of course add any additional auto-start conditions to further target the announcement to the right users.
Create a launcher on a specified page with a beacon, button or icon, and attach it to an element. Make sure to add a Only show Launcher if Signed up/First seen before
<announcement date> to avoid that the launcher shows for users who signs up after this date. Feel free to add any other conditions you need to further target the announcement.