Add Userflow as a destination in Segment
To make Segment forward user attributes and events from other data sources into Userflow, we’ll set up Userflow as a destination in Segment.
Make sure you’ve set up the Segment integration in Userflow first.
- Sign into Userflow and navigate to Settings -> Integrations -> Segment. Copy the Webhook URL:
- Sign into Segment and click Add Destination:
- Search for and click Webhooks:
- Click Configure Webhooks:
- Select any sources you want to stream to Userflow. You’ll typically want to have a separate source for your back-end, which you can select here:
- Click Confirm Source:
- Click Webhooks:
- Paste the Webhook URL that you copied from Userflow into the Webhook URL field and click Save:
- Click the toggle switch to enable the destination:
- Go back to Userflow, go to the Users tab, and verify that users/events from Segment start showing up.
Adding support for group events
This is only relevant if you have Userflow’s Groups feature enabled.
Segment does not directly associate events with groups. A common workaround is to use an event property to indicate the related group (examples:
workspace_id etc.). Userflow can extract this event property and associate events with the right group in Userflow.
- Sign into Userflow and navigate to Settings -> Integrations -> Segment. Enter the name of your group event property and click Save:
Stopping the integration
Simply flip the toggle switch on the Webhooks Settings page in Segment to OFF.