I’m excited to announce the availability of our new public REST API. With the REST API, you can integrate your back-end with Userflow and pass attributes or events to Userflow. This is useful for 3 reasons:
- Some attributes/events are only available on the back-end. E.g. if a back-end job updates a user’s status, which Userflow.js on the front-end will never know about.
- Some attributes/events are sensitive and you may not want to expose the info on the front-end.
- To import historic attributes/events.
The API is based on REST, and should look very familiar if you’ve ever worked with APIs such as e.g. Stripe.
With the API, you can:
- Create/update users and their attributes
- Get/list users
- Track events
- We’ll add more resources as needed
To access the API, you’ll need an API key, which you can obtain by signing into Userflow and navigating to Settings -> API.